Chanaka Welegedara is in doubt for the Champions Trophy after sustaining a foot injury during Rest of Sri Lanka's List A match against Sri Lanka A on Friday. ...
27°C Blowing Sand
Winds: From the WNW at 31 MPH Gusting to 42 MPH
Little Big Man [DVD]
Few directors have become so absolutely central to the American cinema and then obsolete with the speed and intensity of Arthur Penn. Like other important directors of the 1960s, including Sam Peckinpah and John Frankenheimer, Penn got his start in television and became a name as a film director by tapping into the zeitgeist in such a way that shockwaves were sent throughout the entertainment ind ... ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Hotel Auckland, New Zealand
Promoted as 'The Boutique Hotel completely surounded by water', the Hilton Auckland is indeed in a unique location, right at ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sports SunSports Sun | Breaking Sports News as it Happens
Breaking news from the world of Sports. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering all the major sports including football, basketball, hockey, soccer, rugby, rugby league, boxing, tennis, horseracing, cricket, swimming, athletics and more. Whether its the NFL, NHL, NBA, the Olymic Games, the Commonwealth Games, an international tournament or match, or news about an athlete, Sports Sun will be breaking the news. In addition to the latest sporting headlines, Sports Sun also features breaking global news and business.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites including mainstream media and specialized sports sites and magazines on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Sports news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Sports news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Sports Sun please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff officially opened Brasilia's Mane Garrincha World Cup stadium.
Despite controversy surrounding delays and cost overruns, Rousseff said the 71,000-seat venue was now the source of pride among Brazilians, reports Xinhua.
"A year ago they said that we wouldn't build our stadiums, that they wouldn't be ready. But now we are seeing that the stadiums have been built and are being opened. I am extremely proud of the quality and modernity of the facilities. It's a demonstration of Brazilians' capacity to successfully carry out what many said was beyond us," Rousseff said.
The venue's opening Saturday comes five months behind schedule and at a cost of $500 million, almost double its original redevelopment budget.
It will host the FIFA Confederations Cup opener between Brazil and Japan on June 15 in addition to six 2014 World Cup fixtures.
- Three newbies in Wallabies squad
- Newells held Boca grab second win
- Rumour-free pre-season suits Wenger
- Auckland City again crowned Oceania kings
- Jefferson breaks through to semifinals with 1-0 win over Inglemoor | 4A Boys Soccer
- Im like a maestro from the Boston Philharmonic The best quotes of the Premier League season
- Surrey must learn to be consistent says Chris Adams
- Round-up Alan Richardson rolls back years as Kent create horrid history
- On The Front Foot Will Andrew Strauss spill the beans on Kevin Pietersen in his new autobiography
- Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer set to renew old rivalry in Rome
- Vikings see the light with design of new stadium
- Cardinals sign rookie LB Minter
- Chiefs hire pistol expert Ault as consultant
- Ex-Jacksonville WR Jimmy Smith serving prison term
- Steelers youth football events focus on safety
- Anthony blocked in 4th as Knicks knocked out
- Sports Briefing | Basketball Mike Krzyzewski Could Coach United States Team
- Kentucky basketball notes Media part of problem when fans Twitter trash gets credence
- NBA Indiana Pacers set up Eastern finals with Miami Heat
- NBA roundup Pacers outlast Knicks advance to face Heat
- As eye momentum-building sweep vs. Royals
- Royals battle As to regain consistency
- Royals get on board early but fall vs. As
- Linden defeats Escalon in Division V baseball opener
- Kentridge West Seattle break through to semis | Baseball
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sports Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Rousseff opens Brasilia World Cup stadium
- Jessica Ennis ties the knot with fiance
- Warner may face strict CA action for Twitter outburst
- Weepy Becks ends glittering career with PSG win
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi