Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet is raring to go at the Deloitte Ladies Open after her recent success at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th. Sharmila, the only Indian at the Ladies European Tour (LET), is playing in the prestigious tour for a second successive year and will compete against some of the top lady golfers in the world. The 250,000 euro ...
Continuing their wave of global recognition for sustainable efforts, Sri Lanka's Jetwing Hotels have been awarded the prestigious Travelife Gold Award for 7 of their properties. Travelife ...
Tasmania’s tourism industry is set to take another hit, according to industry leaders, who claim the government’s decision to cut tourism funding could restrict growth in the tourism-dependent state. This week the government proposed a one-off commitment of AU$1 million for joint marketing with air and sea carriers, however, the budget does little to counteract the 45 percent ...
While tourist numbers to Egypt have risen in the first four months this year, a full recovery would not be likely until at least 2014, according to economist forecasts. The number of travellers visiting Egypt in the first four months of 2013 rose 11.8 percent from a year earlier, after falling by a third in the year after the uprising revolt, Reuters reported. Tourism revenue rose 16.2 ...
For decades, Sun's self-designed residence, a two-storey building with arches on the ground and top floors, has attracted countless visitors from around the world as part of the Sun Yat-sen Memorial ...
Winds: From the NNE at 7 MPH
Brief Encounter [Blu-Ray]
Tender without being melodramatic, intense without being tawdry, David Leans Brief Encounter tells the story of a doomed romance between a man and woman who are married to other people but hopelessly in love with each other. Yet, they are so torn by the guilt of deceiving t ... ...
Those looking to depart from convention in Paris usually head for the Left Bank. No one goes to Avenue des Champs-Elyses, on the Right Bank, looking for revolution. But, cast back 100 years ago this week, and the Thtre des Champs-Elyses was the venuefor some radical departures from choreographic ...
Each week we invite three companies to offer ustheir best deal for a specific break. Today: a coastal escape to the northern Italian region of Liguria. Prices are per person, based on two sharing. Each package includes a week's accommodation and flights from Gatwick in ...
Simon Calder is Travel Editor at Large for The Independent, writing a weekly column, various articles and features as well as filming a weekly video diary. Every Sunday afternoon, Simon presents the UK's only radio travel phone-in programme called The LBC Travel Show with Simon Calder (97.3 FM). He is a regular guest on national TV, often seen on BBC Breakfast, Daybreak, ITV News and Sky ...
Presenter and former tennis professional, Annabel Croft, will provide analysis for British Eurosport HD's coverage of the French Open (26 May to 9 ...
International arrivals to the UAE increased healthily in 2012, reaching an estimated 11 million tourists delegates heard at the latest WTM Vision Conference - Dubai.Overall performance of inbound trips to the Middle East region were down 5% last year mainly due to the decline of arrivals to those countries hit by the Arab Spring, which took place in 2011 effecting countries such as Saudi Arabia, ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Sports SunSports Sun | Breaking Sports News as it Happens
Breaking news from the world of Sports. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering all the major sports including football, basketball, hockey, soccer, rugby, rugby league, boxing, tennis, horseracing, cricket, swimming, athletics and more. Whether its the NFL, NHL, NBA, the Olymic Games, the Commonwealth Games, an international tournament or match, or news about an athlete, Sports Sun will be breaking the news. In addition to the latest sporting headlines, Sports Sun also features breaking global news and business.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites including mainstream media and specialized sports sites and magazines on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Sports news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Sports news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Sports Sun please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
A parcel containing two kg of hashish reportedly sent from India has been seized in Germany. The substance was found hidden inside beach tennis rackets mailed to an address in Italy, police said.
Police sniffer dogs detected the haul of so-called "black bombay" hashish, estimated at 20,000 euros, during a routine check at Germany's Frankfurt airport.
The parcel arrived onboard a flight from New Delhi.
German authorities alerted Italian tax police at Malpensa airport, who raided an address in Mariano Comense town near Como, which was written on the parcel.
The parcel addressee was a previous tenant at the apartment in Mariano Comense, who was evicted by the landlord for rent arrears, police said.
- High school boys soccer Lehi beats Bingham captures 5A state title
- Injured Messi included in Argentina WC squad
- Messi named in Argentina squad
- Manchester City not after Falcao or Neymar
- Rodgers looking for winners
- Champions League final Departing Jupp Heynckes continues to show optimism even as his light fades at Bayern Munich
- Shaky Sloane Stephens finds her feet again following Serena Williams storm
- England v New Zealand Battle for Ashes place as Kevin Pietersen hovers in the wings
- Lumb drives Notts through the rain
- Womens Champions League Wolfsburg stun holders Lyons
- Cardinals sign DB Mathieu to four-year contract
- Rob Ryan says hurt feelings unite him Saints D
- Cardinals sign DB-KR Mathieu
- Rookie on the move
- Chiefs WR McCluster hurts hamstring in workout
- Capsule preview of the NBAs conference finals
- Hibbert Battier guilty of an intentional low blow
- Report Cavaliers considering Otto Porter Jr. with pick
- The Cavaliers and other NBA lottery teams chances at leaping to the playoffs
- How did LeBron get into the paint to beat the Pacers in Game 1
- Francona wins in Fenway return Tribe crush Sox
- Happ dealing with issues from sprained right knee
- Influential scout Guerrero passes away
- Santanas reunion with Halos marred by homers
- Red Sox hammered by Franconas Indians at Fenway
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sports Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Hashish from India seized in Germany
- Spot-Fixing row Sports Minister says my head hangs in shame today
- ICC withdraws Asad Rauf from Champions Trophy because of spot-fixing allegations
- Pakistani umpire Rauf withdrawn from Champions Trophy
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costsAmendedESPN EmployeeUpdate