MOORE, Oklahoma - Rescue workers were combing through the battered remains of buildings left behind in the path of the gigantic tornado that killed two dozen people, including nine children, in Oklahoma on Monday. Officials say the search for survivors is nearly over as efforts turn towards recovery. Gary Bird, fire chief of the badly hit Moore suburb, said he was "98% sure" there were no ...
MIAMI - A man known to the Boston Marathon bombers was shot and killed Wednesday by an Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent after he turned violent during questioning, the investigating agency said. The Orlando Sentinel newspaper identified the man as Ibragim Todashev, 27. He was killed in the early morning incident in Orlando, Florida. The FBI said the shooting occurred in Orlando, ...
WASHINGTON - A US Senate panel has cleared a proposed legislation that relaxes restrictions on IT companies to hire foreign techies, thus clearing one of the major hurdles to ushering changes in American immigration law in a generation. The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the bill after its authors won a bipartisan support with three Republicans joining 10 Democrats in the 18-member ...
TEHRAN - Iran has approved eight candidates for the presidential election due next month, rejecting President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's top aide in a major setback to the hawkish leader of the Islamic republic. Ahmadinejad criticised the decision to remove Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei from the final candidate list and said it was an act of "oppression". He announced plans to take up the case with ...
PYONGYANG, North Korea - In an indication that North Korea may give diplomacy a chance to end regional tension, its leader Kim Jong Un Wednesday sent a special envoy to China to win the confidence of its most important ally. The trip by Vice Marshal Choe Ryong Hae, a senior Workers' Party official and the military's top political officer, comes after months of ignoring Chinese warnings to ...
Winds: From the SE at 7 MPH
Hamlet 2 is a feature-length joke about the silliness of dreaming big that, in the end, reifies the dream. Its main character is Dana Marschz (Steve Coogan), an endearingly inept former actor who traded in a mediocre career of appearing in infomercials and STD ads for a gig teaching dra ... ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
The International Cricket Council (ICC) Thursday launched the official event website for the Champions Trophy, which will be held in England and Wales June 6-23. The site will be accessible at www.icc-cricket.com. The site will have short-form highlights from all tournament matches as well as exclusive behind-the-scene content. The official match centre will be informative and interactive, ...
Singapore's external trade continued to fall in the first quarter of this year, with declines for total trade, non-oil domestic exports (NODX) and non-oil re-exports (NORX), the city-state's trade promotion agency, International Enterprise Singapore, said Thursday. This is the third consecutive quarter of decrease for both total trade and NODX. According to the data, the NODX, a key gauge of ...
German chancellor Angela Merkel has been named as the most powerful woman in the world for the third successive year by business magazine Forbes. Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff was ranked second with Melinda Gates, co-chairman of the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in third. According to the Independent, the Queen, rankedat 40, is the oldest woman on the list and has dropped 12 places ...
Kenya's Vivian Cheruiyot will not be able to defend her 5,000 metres and 10,000 metres titles at this year's Moscow World championships as she is expecting her first child. The runner said in a statement Wednesday that she felt it was "the right time to start a family" at the age of 29, reports Xinhua. Cheruiyot plans to return for the 2014 season and compete in the 2015 World championships in ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Swiss-Grand Resort & Spa, Bondi Beach, Australia
Perfectly positioned alongside Sydney's World famous Bondi Beach, the Swiss-Grand is a great hotel, packed with uniqueness and extras. At ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sports SunSports Sun | Breaking Sports News as it Happens
Breaking news from the world of Sports. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering all the major sports including football, basketball, hockey, soccer, rugby, rugby league, boxing, tennis, horseracing, cricket, swimming, athletics and more. Whether its the NFL, NHL, NBA, the Olymic Games, the Commonwealth Games, an international tournament or match, or news about an athlete, Sports Sun will be breaking the news. In addition to the latest sporting headlines, Sports Sun also features breaking global news and business.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites including mainstream media and specialized sports sites and magazines on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Sports news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Sports news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Sports Sun please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) Thursday launched the official event website for the Champions Trophy, which will be held in England and Wales June 6-23.
The site will be accessible at www.icc-cricket.com.
The site will have short-form highlights from all tournament matches as well as exclusive behind-the-scene content.
The official match centre will be informative and interactive, allowing fans to follow live ball-by-ball coverage, including an exclusive interactive video scorecard. Fans will also get a chance to use integrated rankings predictor along with an opportunity to post comments using their social media accounts. Supporters will also be able to catch the latest event news.
A new feature will allow fans to enter a 'Hot or Not' contest to choose the 'hottest' moment in One-Day International (ODI) cricket from among a selection of the 50 best moments in the format.
- Clermont wary of complete Castres
- Preview Rebels v Waratahs
- No Franks for Crusaders
- Liverpool hope for speedy Carroll resolution
- Sinclair has rib removed to stop blood clot
- England-New Zealand Test series Fit-again Graeme Swann Tim Bresnan return to England Test squad
- IPL 2013 Bhuvneshwar Kumar lone Warrior in a defeated army
- Ireland eye another chance to shine
- Indian Premier League IPL 2013 Sunrisers beat KXIP by 30 runs to remain in hunt for play-offs
- Dilhara Lokuhettige replaces injured Welegedara
- British football scores an own goal
- Wasps wing Christian Wade shocked and humbled to win Players Player and Young Player of the Year awards
- David Warner fined for Twitter comments
- County Championship round-up Graham Napier hits fifth half-century in nine innings
- England v New Zealand We will try to win it with words says Neil Wagner
- On The Field LaMarr Woodley
- Broncos best gather to honor owner Pat Bowlen
- Harbaugh claims Niners not interested in Moss
- The Time Is Right
- Report Panthers first pick Lotulelei reach deal
- Strike threat for Spanish basketball league play-offs
- Basketball-sized hairball surgically removed from tiger that stopped eating
- LeBron James delivers winner as Miami Heat beat Pacers
- LeBron Heat dig deep to top Pacers in Game 1
- NBL breaks away from Basketball Australia
- Rookie Gattis gives Braves winning thrust
- HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL ROUNDUP University on cloud nine after first-round City Div. I victory at Chatsworth
- Plum baseball ends season with tough loss to North Allegheny
- Padres rally fizzles in 5-3 loss to Cardinals
- Indians feeling soggy after 11-7 loss to Tigers
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sports Sun headlines delivered to your inbox.
- ICC launches Champions Trophy website
- IPL spot-fixing Mumbai Police in Chennai to quiz BCCI chiefs son-in-law Guru Meiyappan
- Cheruiyot to miss World championships for pregnancy
- Casual Khawaja set to prove critics wrong with worthy performance in Ashes
- Pellegrini announces Malaga departure